CINCINNATI, May 5, 2017 — Ignition Athletics Performance Group announced today that 3 of its athletes were selected in the 2017 NFL draft and 19 others signed as free agents to NFL teams. This year’s draft was the 10th year that Ignition has been preparing prospects to succeed in professional football.
Ignition’s athletes received personalized attention in the following areas: elite performance training; scientific breakdown of NFL Combine drills; sports nutrition counseling and supplementation; interview skills; video analysis; sports psychology; and mentorship from NFL coaches and players. Dedicated to training the mind, body, and spirit, Ignition prepares athletes to reach their highest potential.
Through Ignition’s 8-week, intense training program, focused on results-driven methodologies, 2017 NFL draft prospects saw dramatic improvements in: 40-yard dash time; vertical jump; body type; agility; and strength. These improvements enabled athletes to maximize exposure and boost draft status.
This year’s Ignition draft class includes:
3rd Round Pick
- Derek Rivers – Linebacker/Defensive End – Youngstown State
New England Patriots (#83 pick overall)
Associated Press FCS All-American as a senior with 58 tackles (19.5 for loss) and 14 sacks, which ranked second in the nation. Three-year First Team All Miami Valley Conference. Top performer in 4 drills among defensive ends at the NFL Combine.
6th Round Picks
- Jordan Evans – Linebacker – University of Oklahoma
Cincinnati Bengals (#193 pick overall)
All Big 12 performer the last two seasons, leading the Sooners his senior season with 98 tackles (10 for loss) 2.5 sacks, 4 interceptions, and 8 pass break-ups.
- Colin Holba – Long Snapper – University of Louisville
Pittsburgh Steelers (#213 pick overall)
Two-year starter at the University of Louisville where he demonstrated NFL caliber consistency as a short & long snapper. Top performer in 3 drills among linemen/long snappers at the NFL Combine.
Signed as Free Agents
- Ahmad Thomas – Safety – University of Oklahoma – Oakland Raiders
- Storm Norton – Offensive Lineman – University of Toledo – Detroit Lions
- Tion Green – Running Back – University of Cincinnati – Detroit Lions
- Eric Wilson – Linebacker – University of Cincinnati - Minnesota Vikings
- Jessamen Dunker – Offensive Lineman – Tennessee State University – New York Giants
- Justin Hunt – Wide Receiver – Marshall University – Kansas City Chiefs
- JT Jones – Defensive End – Miami University OH – Atlanta Falcons
- Deyshawn Bond – Offensive Lineman – University of Cincinnati -Indianapolis Colts
- Collin Buchanan – Offensive Lineman – Miami University (OH) – New Orleans Saints
- Austin Gearing – Defensive End – Miami University OH – Kansas City Chiefs
- Keith Trowbridge – Tight End – University of Louisville – Buffalo Bills
- Jerome Lane Jr. – Wide Receiver – University of Akron – Indianapolis Colts
- Max Halpin – Offensive Lineman – Western Kentucky University – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- DJ Dowdy - Tight End – University of Cincinnati – Indianapolis Colts
- Zach Edwards – Safety – University of Cincinnati – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Larson Graham – Offensive Lineman – Duquesne University – Atlanta Falcons
About Ignition APG
Ignition Athletic Performance Group is a worldwide leader in sport performance healthcare, training athletes in all major sports in 24 countries. Ignition performance training is scientifically based and backed by proven results that show increased strength, speed, power, quickness, and overall athleticism. These results have been demonstrated in more than 400 professional athletes from the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, FIBA, ATP, LPGA, and Olympic organizations. In addition to its partnerships with professional sports organizations, Ignition serves a number of NCAA universities, major healthcare providers, and high school athletic programs by providing performance training, education, elite supplemental products, recovery, certification, and sports science technology. Ignition’s approach to training the complete athlete by engaging the mind, body, and spirit continues to be what sets it apart from the competition.